Advocates for Policy Change
The Women’s Foundation of Minnesota advocates for statewide policies that advance safety, economic justice, and holistic well-being and build power with communities for gender and racial justice statewide.
2023 Policy Agenda
Holistic Well-being & Reproductive Justice:
- Black and Indigenous Maternal Health
- Community-based Healing Grants
- Family Planning Special Grants
- PRO Act: Protecting Reproductive Options
- Missing and Murdered Indigenous Relatives Office
- Missing and Murdered Black Women Office
- Safe Harbor Funding for Services
- Safe Harbor for All
- Child Care
- ERA Minnesota
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
How We Advocate
- Produce and share the leading research in the state that shows how women, girls, and
gender-expansive people are faring on key measures of economics, health, safety, and leadership.
- Highlight community-led programs and solutions that can be scaled across the state.
- Provide timely, targeted information and disaggregated data to lawmakers, stakeholders, and advocates to create stronger policies that serve everyone in Minnesota.
- Convene partners and allies from across Minnesota to engage and mobilize around priority issues impacting women, girls, gender-expansive people, and families.
“The invisibility of missing Black girls and women reveals how they are unprotected, punished, or unnoticed. Black women deserve more. Black families deserve more. We must ensure the protection of Black women as a priority, and that can only be accomplished with your support.”Aaisha Abdullahi
2022 Young Women’s Cabinet Member
Voting Builds Community Power
Because we invest in changing systems, the Women’s Foundation of Minnesota supports pro-voter efforts to build community power and change the structures and policies of our governments. When you vote, consider candidates and policies that represent our communities and hold systems accountable to eliminate barriers, increase access to opportunity, and achieve gender and racial justice.
Partners in Advocacy
Policy wins are possible because of community-led advocacy made up of organizers, nonprofit groups, elected officials, and other advocates. We are grateful to all of our partners in advocacy, including:
- Young Women’s Cabinet
- YWCA St. Paul
- Executive Council for the Young Women’s Initiative
- ERA Minnesota Coalition
- The Link
- Minnesotans for Paid Family & Medical Leave Coalition (co-chaired by AFLCIO-MN, Children’s Defense Fund – Minnesota, ISAIAH)
- Missing & Murdered Black Women & Girls Task Force
- Oasis for Youth/Youth Services Network
- Task Force on Expanding the Economic Security of Women
Check Out These Advocacy Stories
May 22, 2023
What’s Happening at WFM
Apr 26, 2023
Childcare & Child Tax Credits Cut Poverty for Minnesota Families
Apr 10, 2023
Commitment to Equality Inspires Philanthropy & Activism
Suzann Willhite generously lives out her convictions through volunteer leadership with ERAMN and giving with the Women’s Foundation.
How You Can Help
When you make a gift to the Women’s Foundation of Minnesota, you contribute directly to ensuring advocates on the ground are resourced in their direct work in ending systemic inequities so all women, girls, and gender-expansive people thrive.