Employment Status: Full-time
Reports to: Director of Finance & Technology
Salary: $67,000 to $77,000, based on experience and qualifications, + benefits
To Apply: Send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Applications accepted through January 15, 2024 or until filled.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hybrid work environment with a requirement of at least one day per week being in the office.
As a community foundation with a statewide focus, community context is an integral aspect of creating effective strategies to achieve the Foundation’s mission. As such, the incumbent to this position must reside within the state of Minnesota and within commutable distance to WFM’s office in Minneapolis.
Access: The Women’s Foundation of Minnesota accommodates reasonable and appropriate accessibility needs during our job hiring process.
In this role, the Financial Operations Analyst will work collaboratively to manage the financial health and sustainability of Women’s Foundation of Minnesota (WFM.) This includes the accounts payable and receivable processes, conducting month-end close and related analysis, holding vendor relationships, contract compliance, and bank reconciliation.
In partnership with the Director of Finance & Technology, the Financial Operations Analyst will work across departments and identify opportunities to simplify and improve processes, leveraging technology to support the organization in service of its mission. The Financial Operations Analyst will identify and conduct training opportunities for staff on Microsoft 365, including SharePoint and other MS apps (particularly for project management), and troubleshoot issues with Blackbaud Financial Edge and its integration with third-party applications.
The ideal candidate will be committed to process improvement, enjoys working with people across departments towards shared goals, will be energized by problem-solving, has experience as a bookkeeper, and has enthusiasm for software and technology while embracing WFM’s learning culture.
Partner with the Director of Finance and Technology to:
- Perform month-end close processes, file management, system implementation, and analysis for annual forecasting.
- Conduct research and analysis required for the annual budget and multi-year forecasting processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve financial process improvements, leverage automation, workflows, or other tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness to bolster long-term sustainability.
Manage Accounts Payable:
- Obtain required vendor information (W-9, banking instructions) through DocuSign.
- Create and prepare all invoices/bills for payment, maintaining supporting documentation. This includes proper timing, payment amounts and monitoring the contract agreements (when applicable) and proper approvals through Blackbaud Expense Management tool.
- Provide historical vendor payments reports for staff, upon request.
- Provide excellent customer service to our vendors and staff.
Manage Accounts Receivable:
- Prepare and deposit paper check receivables using the eDeposit scanner in the office. Follow policies and procedures for retention of paper checks and credit card information.
- Manage and track pledges and grants receivable including reconciling balances between the Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge.
Prepare Biweekly Employee Payroll:
- Verify that employee timesheets are completed in a timely manner with proper coding.
- Prepare the biweekly payroll for approval.
Manage Bank Accounts:
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
- Ensure all bank transactions are posted in the accounting system.
- Generate the bank reconciliation report for approval per the accounting procedures. Maintain electronic copies in the monthly folders to ease annual audit process.
Reconcile/Post Corporate Credit Card Transactions:
- Obtain receipts for all corporate credit transactions from individual card holders.
- Enter all transactions into the accounting system, code transactions and obtain approval.
- Assist with annual audit and 990 by helping to prepare schedules and gathering other information as requested.
- Assist in month close, file management, system implementation, and the analysis required for the annual budget and forecasting.
- Review, update, and comply with the Financial and Accounting Policies and Procedures.
Technology Integration (40%)
- Evaluate and recommend technology products or changes to resolve issues, address pain points, and increase efficiency.
- Research best practices and solutions to improve or automate processes.
- Work with project managers on implementing Microsoft 365 solution for task and event management.
- Identify training needs and conduct or hire consultants to implement changes and improvements.
- Serve as a backup to the Grants Manager for the creation of grants payable records in GE NXT. This includes learning the policy and procedures for grantmaking.
- Participate as an active member of the Foundation staff by working collaboratively with other staff members; and communicating openly and honestly.
- Perform all other projects and tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance & Technology.
- Actively participate in WFM’s learning culture in diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- Attend Women’s Foundation of Minnesota events, as requested by the Director of Finance & Technology or Vice President of Finance and Operations.
Desired Education and Experience
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, IT, or equivalent experience
- At least three years’ bookkeeping experience. Including a clear understanding of GAAP and demonstrated accounting understanding.
- Experience with and knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Minimum of two years’ experience with Microsoft 365 including SharePoint and advanced Excel skills. Microsoft certifications and/or a desire to complete Microsoft certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong aptitude for learning software tools.
- Passion for innovation and curiosity for improvement of workflows
- Demonstrates initiative and a solution-focused attitude while positively contributing to our team environment.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively working with our vendors and staff to ensure contracts and agreements are paid in full when work is complete.
- Commitment to gender and racial equity.
- Sense of humor.
Physical Requirements Necessary to Perform This Job
The physical demands described here must be met for the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate a computer and frequently initiate and reply to written and verbal communications. Must be able to exchange accurate information, visual ability to review detailed reports and information. The person in this position occasionally needs to move around the office space to access files and office machinery.
Tools and Equipment Used
- This position requires the use of a company provided laptop, multi-line telephone application, calculator, copy machine, and postage machine.
- Blackbaud software includes Financial Edge accounting software, Raiser’s Edge donor software, GE NXT grantmaking software, Microsoft 365 and other software and applications.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted through January 15, 2024, or until filled. Please note that WFM participates in E-Verify, which is a service to confirm employment eligibility. This process will occur after an offer of employment is extended.