Our values represent the three-chambered heart of the Women’s Foundation:
Our Guiding Principles
The Women’s Foundation of Minnesota recognizes the important role we play in our communities, that our role is sustained by the public trust, and that certain obligations follow from that trust. We are committed to basing our work on the following principles that reflect those obligations, as put forth by the Minnesota Council on Foundations.
- To sustain public trust by adhering to the highest ethical principles and practices and abiding by all state and federal laws that govern philanthropy.
- To achieve effective governance by ensuring performance in the areas of stewardship of assets, donor intent, fiduciary responsibility and sound decision-making.
- To be purposeful in our philanthropy by having a clearly stated mission and explicit goals.
- To foster continuous learning and reflection by engaging board members, staff, grantees and donors in thoughtful dialogue and education.
- To build constructive relationships with applicants, grantees and donors by ensuring mutual respect, candor, confidentiality and understanding.
- To achieve transparency in our relationships with the public, applicants, grantees and donors by being clear, consistent and timely in our communications with them.
- To reflect and engage the diversity of the communities we serve in our varying roles as grantmakers, boards and employers, economic entities and civic participants.
- To uphold the highest standards by regularly assessing ourselves against these principles and committing to implement them.